Chipolo continues to help customers find misplaced items while committing to protect the world’s oceans
October 6th 2020, Slovenia:Chipolo, the award-winning item finder company, is taking the plunge when it comes to combating ocean pollution by offering the Ocean Edition of the Chipolo ONE – the first sustainable Bluetooth item finder on the market. Chipolo ONE Ocean Edition features a sustainably sourced outer shell made from plastic waste collected from the oceans that would otherwise be left to accumulate and cause risk to marine habitats and the wildlife that live within.
The new Chipolo Ocean Edition is designed to take action on the projected tripling of ocean plastic flowing into our oceans, which is expected to reach a rate of 29 million metric tons per year by 2040 – further causing harm to our climate, ecosystems and marine life. With the help of Oceanworks.co, a trusted global marketplace that sources recycled materials from oceans all over the world, material recovered from fishing nets, trawls and ropes floating in the sea were collected in the shallow areas of ocean near the shore line and turned to pellets to then create the polypropylene plastic encasing the Chipolo ONE item finder.
Rob Ianelli, Founder & President of Oceanworks said: “Chipolo came to Oceanworks with a vision and determination to make their product(s) sustainable. Our team has been impressed with the speed at which Chipolo have created the Chipolo One Ocean Edition, despite the number of manufacturing challenges with recycled ocean plastics that brands typically find themselves up against when looking at innovating in this way. We live in a world of first mover advantage and Chipolo has clearly stepped up their game when it comes to being sustainable while meeting consumer needs. We can’t wait to see the Oceanworks x Chipolo product being used in the market.”
Without sacrificing any of the technological capabilities or style of the original Chipolo ONE, individuals can feel good knowing that by purchasing an Ocean Edition they are doing their part to protect the world’s oceans. Available for just $30 USD/£30 GBP, Chipolo is also pledging $1 for every purchase of an Ocean Edition towards the non-profit organisation Oceanic Global to support ocean clean-up efforts.
This Bluetooth tracker is lightweight and water resistant for attaching to all your essentials, no matter where or what you are doing. The Ocean Edition comes equipped with all the advanced and free features of the Chipolo ONE including:
- Out of Range Alerts – Only leave oncewith notifications reminding you to take your essentials up to a distance of 60m to 200ft
- Battery Life – Small but long lasting, the battery lasts 2 years upon which consumers can take part in the replaceable scheme developed to reduce waste
- Sound – A loud 120dB ring ideal for cutting through the busy noise of everyday
- Unlimited Sharing – Personalisation allows you to freely share your device by registering family and friends via the app who you share items with
- Memorised Locations – Using the Chipolo app for IOS and Android, you can quickly find and track where you last had an item
- Lost & Found Network – Utilise the community of Chipolo users by marking when you lose an item in order to receive location updates when other users are nearby
- Voice-Controlled– Supported by: Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa and Siri, you can easily ring your Chipolo using just your voice
- Selfie Button– Make use of time saved not looking for misplaced items by snapping a selfie with a double click on the Chipolo
Primož Zelenšek, CEO and Co-founder of Chipolo said: “Sustainability has always been a focus of Chipolo. With the success of our replaceable battery scheme we knew our consumers cared, that’s why we wanted to use this ethos in every aspect of creation of the Chipolo Ocean Edition, from the recycled plastic coating down to the packaging using kraft brown paper and a woodfree paper sleeve that’s completely recyclable.”
— END —